View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Whipple build and dyno results

Well, started about a year ago with a Borla axleback, Pray ported IM/TB, and Roto Fab. Then I bought headers, never had them installed, and wound up with what's below.

I took it back to stock (besides axleback) and the baseline was 366rwhp/380lb-ft tq on the same dyno as numbers below, about a week apart. I thought that was a bit low even for the A8.

Pic is junk, new mods put her at Max Power: 608.87 Max Torque: 621.58

Mods:
Whipple 2.9: stock pulleys (redesign with 3.625 upper)
AlkyControl kit
Roto-Fab Big Gulp
Nick Williams 103 TB
LT4 HPFP
LT4 Injectors
LT4 in-tank pump
Kooks 1 7/8" headers, no cats
Borla S-Type axleback + x-pipe + resonator(basically their catback kit)

Some thoughts:
The shop I used only works on GMs, always a bunch of Vettes, Camaros, and a few Caddy's around. We both were adamant about a conservative tune due having the SBE.

I definitely have the Whipple rattle at idle. The instructions do say it's normal and will eventually go away so I'm not flipping out about it for the time being.

The car feels like there's a very fine line between gradual somewhat quiet acceleration and just taking off with the exhaust blaring (around 1500rpm). Is that just the nature of a PD blower? I knew I was going to have to relearn how to drive it, but I'm barely touching the pedal and it thinks it's "go time".
Attached Images

Last edited by Dagstar; 08-07-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote