View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #32
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
LOL -"The BRZ is incredibly fast with its 2.0-liter flat-four-cylinder engine, capable of going 0 to 60 in a mere 6.2 seconds."

Hey! It's almost as fast as a Camry or an Altima, and it beats the Accord!
Get a V6 Camry or 2.0T Accord, and BRZ will lose to them.

Having driven an RX-8 before, you can say those cars are fun(it is!), but just don't say they are fast stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Of course most people here aren't going to agree with this list, look at the forum you're on. Also, some of these comments are why I, and many others, hate muscle car people. Everyone has different wants and needs out of their car purchase, and each of these fills those in better than the others for someone. Otherwise these cars wouldn't be for sale. The Camaro is not the end-all-be-all for sporty cars.
The beef most people have with the article is that those are not cars that people usually cross-shop with a Camaro, with the possible exception of the 370Z, which some may cross-shop with a V6 Camaro.

Apples and oranges comparisons work if they are self-aware of the nature of the comparison. Throttle House made a video on a Mustang GT vs. Civic Type R comparison that was entertaining to watch, and Kia had an ad that compares the Forte to an Aventador that was also funny. This article clearly isn't, though.

It's not just a "muscle car guy" problem. Go swap one of those cars out with a pony (e.g. " 10 cars We'd Take over the BRZ", and put Camaro in the list), I bet you will see similar reactions.

Most of those are hot hatches and small roadsters. While I like those small roadsters, I wouldn't own one in North America given the number of pick-up trucks on the road and in my personal experience, 90% of them drive like they are compensating for something(company trucks are obviously exceptions). Nope, I don't want to be in a Miata/124 when one of those idiots change lane into me(which almost happened once when I had my RX-8).

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote