View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #234
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
Agree. Not to mention the cost and how the heck do you suppose this FPC mess would slide into a Camaro engine bay? No thanks.
Let me start with the cost aspect first. Chevy is already rumored to be developing an 5.5L N/A FPC engine for the C8 Z06. If this rumor is true, that engine is already developed, so cost would only be for the intake/exhaust modifications to fit the Camaro and getting the emissions/economy certified.

AND, since the Gen6 Camaro program has been extended, there is time for the Z06 to come out in MY22 and a Z/28 in MY23. As for fit, going to a lower displacement means it would probably fit, but we can't be sure at this point. This would help keep the Z06 and Z/28 true to their N/A history.

Now, as for the oldman's idea of developing a new 7.0L engine would mean developing a whole new engine for just the Camaro (as I don't see this engine going into a Corvette). While possible, I think this idea is extremely unlikely for this reason alone. Personnaly, I LOVE the idea, but I just don't see it happening. Even a 5.5L FPC Z/28 is a long shot.

If there is one more big Hi-Po Gen6 Camaro, I think they will just put the LT5 in the ZL1 and call it a day (which I would love to see as well). But, they should stick to the ZL1 name if they do...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote