View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
malvada

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowa View Post
This is so weird. So I bought a used 2018 ZL1 last month. It came with the exact same tires only he replaced the front tires as well. So, after I got the car aligned a ton of the sway disappeared. However, after feeling the car out a little more and having a little more drive time post-alignment I feel like it didn't completely eliminate it.

WOT, as you say, right around 75+ MPH the car just feels like its floating at times. I don't feel it otherwise, and it doesn't matter which performance mode I'm in. I've even rotated through the various traction control modes with no luck.

I posted a thread on here about the car and the feel, feel like it pretty much just needed to be aligned with the general consensus but I totally get what you are saying and I have the EXACT same tires on the car. I don't think its a coincidence.

Here's the link to my thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577693

Damn, thanks for sharing your experience. So you got the car with four NT555? The dealer said I did not need alignment, but maybe I will take it somewhere else to do it anyways. Its really scary sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE
maybe softer sidewalls than OEM? I remember the mistake I made on an old car of mine when I went from Michelin PSS's to Hankook V12's my car suddenly felt like a boat and the handling went down the tubes. Couldn't wait to get PSS's back on.
Someone also told me about the softer sidewall hypothesis. With the stock tires, the car was so steady and I was always impressed with how it could handle anything with so much precision. But you're right, that could explain, and also the mix of harder sidewalls on the front, softer on the back.
malvada is offline   Reply With Quote