Thread: OUCH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #18
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Road hazards are almost always considered comp claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It gets "gray" when it's something that flies off of another vehicle. Once that item touches the road, things change and it becomes a collision claim. That's why I stated what I did earlier about being sure to describe the issue as an item that came off of another vehicle and directly struck your vehicle. Otherwise, it's collision and you have to have the other driver's information for subro or you're going to eat it.
Yep, SirJangle is not incorrect -often the insurance carrier will accept your description of the loss that the road hazard was in motion especially if the damage aligns that something hit your car versus running over something. Ember is more correct. There is so much misinformation and lack of understanding about insurance coverage. Its easy to repeat what someone else has told you about a claim they had or that they heard from someone else because who wants to read the actual policy. It will bore you to tears! Well I have read many policies and handled thousands of claims during my 33 year tenure with a major auto insurance carrier and determining what is a collision loss and what is a comprehensive loss always created debate.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote