View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 07:40 PM   #4
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Glass has always been something I wanted to learn to better care for. The first wash on the Camaro reminds me of that...

I've always used something like Sprayway or Stoner's to clean my windows, but I never felt that it got ALL of the grime and such off. The car has 30 miles on it and there are already a couple of scrapes / scratches down at the bottom (I'm guessing from the dealership detailing the car) and there's some sort of scuff or something in the upper portion of the passenger side that I can't even diminish (let alone remove).

What are the best methods and products to use to completely clean the glass without scratching or marring it?

And, then what? best ideas for protecting it going forward to make cleaning easier in the future?
Camaro glass is disheartening to me. My car is garaged. I'm OCD about paint correction. I have PPF and spend more time on keeping her pristine than some may consider healthy. Shes never seen winter, snow, cold temps and is stored 6 months a year. Never been driven on a gravel road and I avoid driving her in the rain as much as possible. Weekends and trips. I rarely ride someones ass and try to stay away from roads under construction. I live in a rural area and don't drive in the 'big city' except when passing through. All that being said when you ride in my car at sunset you'll ask about the 'overspray' on my windshield. Sigh. It's not overspray. It's rock chips. I had a friend ask me once with how much time I spent to keep my paint beautiful why I didn't take the time to get the tree sap off the windshield.

I can only imagine what other people deal with and I've worked hard to get more than 10k miles on her in 24 months. Always been ceramic coated and waxed.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote