View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasCamaro View Post
Resurrecting an old thread here, but my husband and I just successfully completed a heated mirror swap on my 2018 1SS. Since the car is my daily driver, having heated mirrors to clear off moisture/fog/frost is such a nice feature (and one I missed from my 2012 2SS).

I bought a pair of OEM heated mirrors from someone on eBay (note they also have the little blindspot indicators, which won't be able to function without the rear sensors - not a biggie to me). While it wasn't as easy as the 5th gen swap (not completely plug and play), we did discover that all the wiring was already available in the car, it's just not connected to the fuse box in the trunk. (Great news, since I was expecting to have to run wire from both doors all the way to the trunk to get the on-with-defroster functionality.) With some help from the wiring schematic in the service manual and about $10 in parts, he built a wiring harness with an inline fuse. Pics are from this morning before and after turning the defroster on

I'll be happy to do a write-up on how the harness works if anyone is interested in doing a similar project.
That would be great, didn't know we could do swap for heated mirrors. I just assumed when i bought my car that it had heated mirrors. I mean kia's have heated mirrors lol. Not fun in midwest winters....
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote