View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #881
OhioRiderAaron

Drives: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Nice! Considering how sensitive NCM is to heat, a 16-17 that is about all you could have asked for.

Car looks pretty damn hooked up, yeah you overwhelm the front tires in T2, but it looks to take sinkhole pretty well. I found -2.8-3.0 about perfect for wear up front, and -1.7-1.8 in the rear.

As for 2nd gear in T6, I've tried it there and in T2, I found I was faster rolling 3rd, plus if you go to 2nd at T6, you end up short shifting right at T7 to 3rd.

Also, I know this is a debated topic @ NCM.... I really try and steer clear of the bigger FIA curbing (T6/12/15/16). T12 especially, I've tried it both ways and I have found the car to be much more consistent overall and I can stay on power more consistently by not smashing T12 curbing.

Great driving though, can't wait to see more as you acclimate to the SS 1LE.

Meanwhile, I'm acclimating to my S54 powered e46 race car... first race endurance race is @ Road Atlanta next month with WRL, then sprint race with Grid Life GLTC @ Mid Ohio in early August. I'll be racing both series on a 250whp detune (made 340whp on max power!), ran 39.2 on Mid O club 2 weeks ago on the 250whp detune map. Car is a blast!
Provoste, I appreciate the feedback!

I think I will try and get the alignment to -3.0 (from -2.5) next time out. I used to not hit the curbing nearly as much as I did this event, but I kept doing it for some reason! T12 was one I used to avoid hitting since it upset the M3 so much, but with the Camaro being so stable I wasn't sure if it was actually faster to aggressively roll over it. T15 I was just straightening up for the brake zone, but even the other guy in the Camaro preferred to stay more right and off that one. T2 was another area where I felt slow coming out of, that corner feels brutal at times, due to the car just wanting to plow thru the apex every time (probably my least favorite turn at NCM). Also, I believe ya on T6 w/2nd gear, I knew it would throw off the 3rd gear shift so I never bothered with it. Looking back at the rev range in that corner (and Andy's video) I was just wondering if it would have been better on this particular day, oh well. Same goes for the curbing at T6, I thought maybe it would help rotate the car a bit. With limited experience there and no one fast to chase around it was hard for me to figure out the best ways around the track.

Rudy and I were talking about your pace in the E46 at Mid-Ohio, he is quite jealous! Data overlay was pretty darn close between your laps, but you were carrying more speed in a few spots if I remember right. I'm always trying to give him a hard time about his M3. Maybe we'll make it up there for GL

Thanks again!
OhioRiderAaron is offline   Reply With Quote