View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #5
sworn

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Here's the link to the thread
www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559810

As for the stiffness, it's sway stiffness (I know, duh), I got the Chevy performance suspension in before the BMR sway bars, and the car handled like a charm and cornered like a roller coaster while still being compliant on regular roads, with the BMR bars however, the car would skip and hop during hard cornering because of how little it swayed, hell, I couldn't even do a burnout on the middle setting, sure the car launched great but that's about it.

This is one of those things you only do if you're a serious person and know what you're doing as there are a lot of variables related to it and it will very easily screw up your car, not saying the BMR bars are a bad product, just that, for my application, mods and knowledge, they just didn't work, one of the cases where stiffer is not better.

These were the adjustable bar btw, now sure how they would fare in a regular SS, but I won't be touching the 1LE ones.
Thanks for the informative reply!

So is it fair to say the performance suspension in conjunction with the BMR Adjustable Sway Bars was too much?

I was thinking about the non adjustable version. I think it would be a nice compliment to my current minor suspension mods.
2019 Camaro 1SS. Crush. Mishimoto Catch Can, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Oracle Side Markers, ZL1 Side Skirts, Blade Spoiler W/ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, Exhaust Cut Outs, BMR Front and Rear Cradle Braces, Cold Air Inductions CAI. ZL1 Rims 285 Fronts and 305's Rear. Speed Inc Tune PCM & TCM.
sworn is offline   Reply With Quote