View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #8
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Thanks for the info... I don't want an automatic and am open to the 2018/2019 models but price will determine whether or not they can make the list for true consideration.

My reasoning behind looking at the 2015 ZL1 specifically is because I do like the styling of the Gen 5 but MagRide is a hard requirement. Since it's only available on the ZL1 in that generation, that would be the only model that would make the list. It's already a fair amount older than what I would want, PLUS it's a previous gen tech-wise. Add in the fact that I can't find what I want -at all- in that generation (save one vehicle) and it's easy to see that I will almost certainly be in the Gen 6 version (and why I posted this thread here instead of the Gen5 forums as more info is really needed on the Gen6 models anyhow).

Here's another question... The NPP exhaust can be visually identified in photos because it has four tips. Is there any way to visually identify the presence of MagRide? Dealers don't have a clue and they want you to buy the car before they'll get off their a$$ to tell you anything about it. So, getting answers is an exercise in futility.
Best way to tell mag ride is either have dealer turn on car and confirm suspension settings are available or obtain the VIN and have Chevy run it to confirm the RPO codes and see if mag ride is there. There is a physical way to look under the car, but it isn’t easy and if shopping online, basically not helpful.