View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Thoughts on finding a used vert

Hi, all.

I am currently in the market for a used (CPO would potentially be great depending on OTD price) vert with some specific options. I am interested in hearing from those that have some direct knowledge / experience with the various potential models as to whether or not I should opt one way or another.

Common options:
Convertible
6.2L
6MT
Magnetic Ride
NPP (possibly)

Possible models:
2015 ZL1
2017 2SS (maybe newer, again cost dependant)
2017 ZL1 (maybe newer, huge stretch due to cost)

The mag ride and 6MT are non-negotiable. NPP seems like it would be something I would personally want, but open to some thoughts about what it adds and what it might subtract (positives and negatives of having it).

Distance from me isn't an option as I will gladly spend a few hundred dollars in travel to acquire the right car, so it's really about whether I should be targeting a particular year/model, and whether or not things like NPP are worth holding out for. The way that I want the car equipped, and the color combos that I like, makes the target list very short out of what's available on the market right now.

I'm also not necessarily in a rush, but the nice weather is here. And, given that my typical amount of travel for work is currently holding at zero, it would be a great time to pick one up. Thoughts? Ideas?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote