Thread: Electric Camaro
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #17
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Just out of curiosity sake...

If GM were to bring back the Camaro as an Electric Vehicle in 2025, would anyone here actually buy one?

Personally, I am not interested in an electric vehicle until technology has progressed to the point that the roof of the car is solar and can recharge itself in 6 - 8 hours.
No. If I were to buy an electric vehicle at some point in the future I don't think it would be a Camaro either. Probably something strictly for economy (fuel savings, maybe I could recharge it using an exercise bike).
That being said I'm not opposed to an electric Camaro if it helps the car live on and offer a V8/manual transmission. I might buy another SS, maybe Z/28 if available in the future if it comes with a manual. But I'd like my performance car to make the right noise and allow me to shift gears.
For those thinking an electric Camaro just isn't right, I think developing an electric performance car from Chevy without the Camaro name on it spells the end of the brand... again. Avoid Ford's mistake in making it look like a crossover and have a V8 and electric version of the same car.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote