View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #6
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
When looking into an exhaust at first I thought it had to be NPP just because I felt that I would be hacking/ghetto rigging the car otherwise. With some folks having trouble with the valves rattling, sticking or not closing completely I’m not sure I want to bother with it. Pretty sure listening to the Hooker Blackheart system put me off on these aftermarket NPPs. Take a listen to this at :45. WTF is going on there? Sounds like the valves are opening and closing constantly. Straight ass. All Blackheart videos sound the same so it’s not a one time fluke. Anywho, leaning toward AWE myself.

https://youtu.be/0y1a6lRG2u8

I felt the same way in regards to the NPP function in the beginning. I thought I just spent upwards near 70gs on a car and Im disconnecting stuff that the car came with factory. I then researched how they function and thought, those flaps are going to be a issue in the making. So, I m not going to sweat unhooking them and hiding them up in the rear quarters. I was a little leary over the OEM set up let alone some aftermarket company that will be using there own flap set up.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote