View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #5
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
One thing Ive learned over the years when it comes to exhaust, you get what you pay for. I had a Borla cat back on my 5th Gen SS years ago. Great exhaust, looked good and sounded good. I had a cheaper Flowmaster axleback on my GT500 and it was lousy when it came to fit and finish. Personally, come Spring Im going with a AWE Track catback on my ZL1. The NPP option isnt that important to me and drone never has been a issue with me either, I dont even no what drone is and Ive had alot of crazy exhaust systems over the years so, odds are they had some drone, just never bothered me. Anyway, Id buy the Borla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
Before I bought my AWE touring set up, I took a hard look at AFE, and had I decided to keep NPP, that's the way I would've gone. Ultimately I felt the NPP on an aftermarket set up didn't make enough difference between modes to warrant the price. (Many reviewers across ALL the systems seem to feel this way). Still the AFE didn't have any reported drone, and at least from youtube, it seemed to sound the best. Borla is hands down one of the best in the game, but I've just never like the sound.
When looking into an exhaust at first I thought it had to be NPP just because I felt that I would be hacking/ghetto rigging the car otherwise. With some folks having trouble with the valves rattling, sticking or not closing completely I’m not sure I want to bother with it. Pretty sure listening to the Hooker Blackheart system put me off on these aftermarket NPPs. Take a listen to this at :45. WTF is going on there? Sounds like the valves are opening and closing constantly. Straight ass. All Blackheart videos sound the same so it’s not a one time fluke. Anywho, leaning toward AWE myself.

https://youtu.be/0y1a6lRG2u8
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote