View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #6760
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Anyone see Stangmodes video where he runs his "stock" gt500 vs some old guy racing his c8 for the first time?. Gt500 10.7 c8 11.5. Pretty disappointing that that c8 onpy ran mid 11s but you could tell the old guy was not experienced, car was spinning and not leaving hard as well as not being able to do a burnout, also not sure if it wse a z51, but Stangmode sure ran with it calling the c8 a mid 11 second car and about as fast as an 18 mustang gt lol.

The trap speed on the c8 kind of sucked at like 120mph or so. I was hoping to see low 120s and high 10s et.
But but I thought all C8s were going to be low 11 second cars because that's what the magazines got! It's almost like there is a learning curve or something lol - for those that can't detect sarcasm or humor that was pure point of this.

There will be plenty of low 11 C8s, and probably high 10s. I still think that these DCT equipped cars are going to have a bit more of a learning curve to them then some people on the outside are anticipating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It makes the car look bad. These guys out here doing massive burnouts and getting CELs, spraying it on just the second pass without a tune and snapping axles (probably caused some engine damage too), and who knows what else. Some of these guys got the entire car apart already. And then when something breaks we gotta hear people saying stuff like "I hope they all don't break like that". Well if the owner isn't a complete mental case and doesn't beat the absolute crap outta the car in the first 100 miles trying to get YT famous then then won't all break like that.

I hope GM and other manufacturers are taking notice of this nonsense. I hope they start finding ways to ensure that these guys are not the first to get cars in the future. Some of us just want to get our C8s and enjoy it and follow proper break in procedure and then maybe take it to the track once in a while and not sit on the dealership lot doing burnouts and driving like a maniac. Half of these guys probably aren't even Chevy Enthusiasts. They're just a bunch of knuckleheads with money and a bunch of followers. And when they're done beating the crap out of a new C8 for no reason they'll ditch it for the next best thing. But these guys seem to always get cars before anyone else. Maybe I should start behaving like that so I can get my cars faster.
Yep everyone wants to be first. I remember someone here saying they didn't expect people to treat the C8 like the morons with the GT500 did but everyone wants to be first to do this or that.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote