Old 03-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
i wish they got rid of the v6 and v4 camaro
Your car would not exist.

To the OP...

It's your money. Do what you want. Does it make good sense? No...no it doesn't. Not when you could buy an SS or perhaps even a nice used ZL1 for the time/cost/energy you'd spend in trying to build a nice Camaro using the LF4 from the ATS-V. It would be awesome though, and I'm sure you could outrun a standard SS with a hopped up LF4 without too much trouble. But then again you'd have trouble running against built up SS Camaros, that got there for way less money and headache.

In the 5th gen days, there was a V6 owner that built up his ride with a forged engine and twin turbos. The car was awesome, and made SS Camaros look silly in the 1/4 mile, but it was a lot of work and trouble.

In my opinion, the most awesome V6 Camaro would be one that was still N/A, with engine work done to get the power to say around 375HP and over 300TQ (so basically...lots of bolt ons and a tune, but reliable...too bad those kind of parts don't really exist for the V6), light weight, and great in the handling department. Now that would be fun.