View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #509
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Well yes the ATS-V was very good and that was a sign of things to come....except the Camaro is way better than the ATS-V at a lot of things lol. Had the Camaro performed like the ATS-V that would have been a good jump from 5th to 6th in my opinion and I expected it to be close to that....but it was alot better lol.

I know LL isn't the greatest indicator but the SS 1LE was like 5 seconds faster than the ATS-V. And was about 2 seconds faster around Laguna Seca. While I will admit road course times aren't my wheel house, but from what I know a 2 second gap is pretty substantial for a car on the same chassis, similar power etc. and a 5 second gap is insane. So no I sure as hell did not expect the alpha camaro on the same chassis with similar power to be that much better than the ATS V
You are comparing the 1LE against the ATS-V. The 1LE has forged wheels that are lighter, and tires that are bigger and have a more agressive compound. That's going to make a significant difference, if we are discussing how good the Alpha chassis is.

If you put 1LE tires and wheels on the ATS-V, you will likely get fairly identical performance on the track. How can we know for sure? Well look at the non-1LE SS, and compare that to the ATS-V, as they have closer to apples to apples wheels and tire combo (but still not the same). And when you compare the non-1LE to the ATS-V, they are darn close. I don't know of any same day same driver with these two cars, and the SS non-1LE was not run at any Lightning Lap test. I looked at fastestlaps.com and there were only two tracks that they both ran. One the Camaro was faster, the other the ATS-V was faster, and these were obviously differnent day different drivers...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote