View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #403
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think Frod spent soo many years (since 94) letting the aftermarket do their dirty work that they've fallen behind. They had all these different combinations of engines but they all made the same HP. Whether it was a turbo V6, NA V8, turbo 4 cyl, HO V6, supercharged V6, whatever it was, you still got that same 190 to 225 hp. And if you wanted to keep up with the 275 HP LT1 Z28 you had to spend a shit load of money on the Cobra and that is if you could even find one because they were limited. The Mustang became a car that if you couldn't afford the Cobra or didn't have the opportunity to buy it then you got stuck with a GT and had to mod the entire damn thing. And even modded they were struggling against the Z28s just like what happened from 2015 until 2018. And even today, you gotta throw coolers on the PP2 to hang with the SLE that comes with coolers. And you gotta step up to the exclusive and very expensive GT500 to hang with the much (relatively) cheaper ZL1. And let's not even get into the Vettes like the Z06 and ZR1 or the upcoming monsters GM has planned.
So true, one correction though. Stock Snack Pack cars with MPSC2 tires won't keep up with stock SLE on all but the longest tracks and even then this is for a handful of laps at best. I don't run TT events so min 20 min session and these "SS 1LE killers" are far behind any decently driven SLE, even on VIR, RA...etc. My poor beast has been parked and hasn't moved since early Dec. Heading to Chevy this week to change out all fluids and touch up my dynamic alignment. I can't wait for the tracks to open... only a few more weeks to go but it seems a lot longer. I noticed you are in NJ, have you ever run NJMP? I went for the first time last year and ran Lightning with Speed District. Planning to go again this year. Speed District was great with 8 20+ Min sessions for less than $300. Let me know if you are interested.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote