View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Borla 60608 on stock exhaust

To answer the question once and for all, can the Borla 60608 be put on a bone stock exhaust system?
Yes it has been asked and the posted pictures have the Borla front connectors too (between header or stock front cats) to the 60608. We are talking does it work on a BONE stock exhaust.

Why go with the 60608? It is one of the few actual straight through 2 and 3/4 designs. My only fear was if it was going to cure my low rpm 1100 to 1500 resonance issue for instance 40 MPH in 5th,45 MPH in 6h. Without primary cats my engine freaks out at these RPMs and gears.

So today CA offroad pipes, factory headers and the 60608 installed inback of the 2nd cats... results are surprisingly quiet and really no it truly behaves like stock. A surprise because to be honest in general short large diameter resonators don't do much, balance this out that the per piece Borla stuff are 2 and 3/4 (there systems are all 3"). So yup actually works.

So this probably concludes my quest after like 20 tries for a quite system that flows well and that has a high RPM engine sound vs just loud.
stocker headers, CA front cat deletes, move rear 02 to behind factory 2nd cats, factory 2nd cats, Borla 60608, and then stock exhaust back.

Oh, BTW, my ancient Lisle exhaust expander broke 10 years ago or so, I tried two lifetime expanders and they broke first use. I got a lisle (pronounced lyle) and it can actually take a impact gut and it expanded the pipe like butter on a hot cake.

Here it is:
Attached Images

Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote