View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #85
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I just wanted a fair fight with the drag race. The 38degree weather test was ridiculous with these GY tires. Not to mention the regular ZL1 A10 is the best iteration of the camaro for a straight line test. So it fells really good that these guys took that into consideration and look what happened....dusted
And the regular GT500 is the best version of the 500 for the 1/4 but that point aside.

The reason it got dusted was the delay in the launch control... why there is a full 1 second delay I have no idea but there is. If you rewatch the drag segment, Jason talks about it then when the cars do take off, you can see the ZL1 is already up and moving and then Thomas say oh the delay then the 500 gets moving and that was all she wrote and the Camaro had a clean path to victory. And I am not using that as an excuse lol, that is literally what happened. In a race like that, that's just tough luck for the GT500. The ZLE would have done just as well

That 1 second delay could be the demise of a lot 500s at the strip. They might turn faster ETs but people might beat them because of that delay.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 01-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote