View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #314
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 2SS
I bought my 2016 2SS w/ the A8 tranny in September of 2018 with ~12K miles on it.

The previous owner did not tell me either and I found out the hard way just like OzzieSS.

It really all depends if the TCC Solenoid Clutch in the TQ has sustained damage from the wrong fluid if the new flush with the High Performance Fluid fixes it. In most every cases on this thread (including mine) it did not.

My best advice to you is to drive it as much as you can until the shudder comes back. The type of driving does not seem to matter, highway or city, just drive it!

I would have a high degree of confidence that the shudder will return. It really is a matter of time and mileage before the high performance fluid does not provide the relief to the possibly damaged TCC Solenoid Clutch in the TQ and the shudder returns when in 8th gear. In my case it was ~3K miles, some shorter, some longer. but they all return.

Once the shudder came back, in my case, the authorization for the new TQ came through with the high performance fluid, all under the 6 year, 60K warranty and I took delivery with $0 cost.

I just pray that the new TQ with the correct fluid fixes the problem for good but you can bet I will be driving it as much as I can to make sure.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote