View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #29
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Thanks for putting that together mountain

I have spoken with Goodridge early on and is what actually got them to make a SS1LE set as they are different from an SS/ZL1/ZLE

I found a statement from them on a blog and did some calculations on it.

Their stainless lines virtually have no expansion at our braking pressures. I have measured front and rear caliper pressures while on jack stands(engine running) max I got was 1200 PSI front and 800PSI Rear.

Based on goodridge's data and some "quick" calculations I was coming up a combined (F&R) pedal deflection of about .200" on "Standard OE type rubber".

It would appear we have something much better than the "standard OE rubber" so our actual deflection number would be smaller.

I have not yet put the goodridge front lines on my car so I cannot comment on pedal differences.
Thanks for the added information!

I cannot post the information up, but between FMVSS/DOT, SAE and OEM (GM) specifications, there are/can be a variety of very specific criteria for volumetic expansion. Also, there are two types of "standard OEM rubber [hose]": regular ("HR") and low-expansion ('HL") hose. The Camaro runs "HL", with the SS 1LE front lines having a construction to be much lower than minimum criteria for "HL".
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote