View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #20
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyardspecial View Post
For those interested, here are Carbon fiber brake lines that my friend had made for the ZLE ZL1 and SS 1LE, here. I can attest for them, much better braking feel especially in threshold braking.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561322
Yup, I saw those and they look awesome! I'd love to get those in the near future!

Something I want to add:
I was reading some claims by some stainless steel braided brake line sets, talking about OEM rubber lines being susceptible to cracking and tearing from road debris and OEM rubber brake lines being rated for low pressures, like 1,200psi. Those notions are false for any OEM brake line in the recent 20+ years. Any OEM will have to have FMVSSS/DOT, SAE J1401 and OEM spec compliance. In that, they will undergo specific component durability tests, vehicle durability tests and, as far as pressure, the FMVSS/DOT requires at least 7,000psi/5,000psi (small/large hose ID) minimum burst pressure capability. To give comparison, stainless steel braided lines typically claim burst pressure ratings from 6,000-12,000psi and the carbon fiber lines mentioned are rated at 16,900psi.

Here are pictures of the Porsche 911 RSR GT3 car brake lines (front/rear):
Attached Images

Last edited by Mountain; 01-03-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote