View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes JC that’s the reason! The wheels on the vehicle are tied to the VIN and if the wheels are swapped with another one on the lot then the scenario that the Op has posted could happen just like what he is experiencing now. My advice to FirstCam is to get the wheels powder coated or painted on his own and not to try and get GM to warranty them because it looks like it could be a dead end issue after what has been told by the dealer. GM replaced my black wheel on my 2016 SS due to damage from a front end accident and the insurance company had to give the VIN of my 2016 to order from the dealers parts department. The wheel was on backorder for several weeks because the 2016 was only 6 months old and when it showed up the body shop had to send the damaged wheel back to the parts department so they could send it back to GM. To my understanding from some parts folks I know that GM has to have the faulty wheel back if they warranty a new wheel.