View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #30
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Nick (guitarmegedden) just went 8.89@160 with his twin turbo Gen6 Zl1 and did it with 17" Rs and stock Zl1 fronts. That's Z is bad for sure. Everybody has really picked up their game this year. Gen6's are starting to rule the roost. Yes a little spray off the launch will spool that baby for sure. Mines not legal but safer then most with the RPM Roll Bar with swing out door. My buddy got kicked off our local track when he ran 9.72@144 with his Gen6 Maggie Camaro. Told him to slow it down or don't come back. They always passed mine thru with the RPM Bar, they know I have a belly pan to catch oil, loop, axles and DS plus the harnesses and extinguisher in the car. I feel it could take a pretty big hit and I'd be safe in the car. I do need to get a full faced helmet for next year and upgrade my jacket and pants to NHRA spec.

My car and nicks are out of the same shop .. cspracing.com .. I’m still stock block and stock trans ..(ATI low stall converter) guess I’m the budget build .. still does daily driver duty ... other then idle .. drives stock .... I swap my skinnies and stock front wheels out a lot .. not much difference in weight .. I run skinnies cause the car tends to sway less on the big end when rear tire pressure is low .. I’m also on 17 et r’s rears.

I was going to 8.50 cage and Shute mine .. but I think I will wait till they kick me ..

150s on the big end is crazy .. can’t wait to see what it’s like at 160.