View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #8
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
When I first heard that GM was going to kill off the Camaro, I didn't really believe it.

Now, it's pretty clear that GM has no interest in the Camaro beyond killing it off ASAP. I think announcing that it would be killed off was somewhat of a sales tactic. Obviously it didn't work as sales continue to decline.

IMO, I think the Camaro name carries a negative stigma to it. Many people automatically think rednecks, mullets, and white trash. There has never been a worse time in our country to be associated with those things- even if it's not based in reality. Couple that with the fact that the car has bad visibility and is essentially a 2 seater and it's a recipe for disaster.

People buy cars to enhance their image or be an extension of their personality. This is where the Camaro is lacking. It desperately needs an image update more than a performance update. If GM isn't willing to do that, then I'd rather see them kill it off now as opposed to letting it rot on the vine for 2 or 3 more years.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote