View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Around a track I'd say the Z51 will win. The ZL1 is not heavy for what it is and what it has. It isn't lightweight like the C8 is but it certainly ain't 4200 pounds (LOL)!! It has the HP advantage and after 60 MPH I think it will accelerate better thanks to forced induction and all those gears the A10 has...it'll constantly be in boost and in it's power range. However the C8 with the ME design should be able to corner much better. I think the C8 will walk away from this one the victor. Against the ZLE tho I'm not sure how it will do.

I think a good amount of ZL1 owners are switching over to the C8. I know a handful are. If not in the first year then for sure in the 2nd or 3rd year. And if not for a Z51 then for sure they'll get a Z06. However the ZL1 will still have it's appeal among those who need the extra seats, storage capacity, or those who want forced induction or those who want to mod a car and not have to wait for the aftermarket. Also there will be plenty of people who will be able to afford a used ZL1 but not a new C8 with similar options. So the used ZL1 market should creep up.
Or those who want a manual.

I doubt the market will creep up though. They will still be making them when the Z06 comes out, there will be no shortage when people trade-in for their C8's.