View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
My wife has a 2014 camaro rs convertible, LFX v6, with Solo HFC’s with resonators to straight pipes then to MRT v2. It’s got a good tone. On cold starts it sounds a touch quieter than say a v8 with HFC’s . It quickly settles down then has a tone idle a touch above the stock system. Her car seems to come alive with sound when she starts driving it or jumping on the gas. Honestly the mufflers are not the restriction of the sound on the v6 models, it’s the cats pretty much on any car that are the biggest restriction of sound. I did run her car with just the solo HFC’s on it and I personally thought it sounded the best. We added the MRT v2’s on after and it tamed the sound. She is happy with it . I don’t think you’ll get much out of it by changing the mufflers other than some weight reduction. You are better off getting some HFC’s first. The sound will be similar to stock until you jump on it . You’ll also gain some horsepower to from going to HFC’s. Or for more sound and horsepower go no cats and get a tune. Start at the cats first. Then go to the h pipe section and go to x pipe. Do mufflers last that way you can adjust the tone to your wishes since there is nothing gained from mufflers other than tone.