View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 12:50 AM   #18
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If you're going to run the same pads on the street, you might want to look into rotor wear rates (especially in the street setting when pads don't get anywhere near the temperature they're rated for in track use). Total brake system consumable cost has to include periodic rotor replacement as well.

Perhaps that's part of what the Carbotech/G-loc price premium buys you; at the XP10/R10 level that I know of, rotor wear rates are about the same as Hawk's HPS street pads. The 12 level pads aren't quite that gentle, but they're nowhere near as rough as Hawk's HP+.

What I don't know is how the 60's and 70's compare to either the CT/G-loc lineup or even Hawk's own HPS/HP+, rotor wear-wise.

Norm
I've been told Girodisc, Stoptech and DBA all make superior rotors compared to the stock ones, might give them a try once the stock ones wear out, not sure if anyone here has any experience with them or not.