View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #3223
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
It's pretty weird that this is what some of these gt350 guys that dont even have one celebrate... their dream car may underwhelm and under perform, but it's overpriced!
I don't understand how anyone can defend a car that costs more than the cars that it can't beat at anything. If there was some luxury component to it like the M4s and M5s have then ok. If it had lots of cool tech and AWD like the GTR then ok. In those cases you are paying for stuff in addition to performance. But with the Shelby you aren't getting anything extra. In fact as far as options you're getting less. But these people come on here defending it. And they can't even afford it. LOL!!

For the record, there is nothing made by Ford that costs less than ZL1 that can beat it at anything. The GT500 will be $10,000 more expensive and it isn't going to beat the ZL1 around a track or at top speed. And who knows if it will even have all the options the ZL1 comes with standard? Yet these guys are defending it. I seriously cannot understand that nonsense. "Driver experience"...well if part of that driver experience involves me being slower than a cheaper car then no thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea, Ford guys like to over pay for cars that underperform due to their limited blue oval options..... and if they want one that really performs they need to be prepared to pay 500k.

People dumping their gt500 orders for a c8 will hopefully tame those adm's on gt500s for those that really want one.
It won't change for a very long time. Because people gave the dealerships all the power to make their own pricing up. If it happened for 1-2 years then there might have been some hope. But this has been going on now for 4-5 years. And it was soo long that Ford upped the price of the car by $5,000 while giving it nothing extra. And no matter what, somebody WILL be stupid enough to pay it. So those mark ups are here to stay for a while.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote