View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #452
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
My gripe since they first shown the C8 was there was not enough info on performance numbers . I would like to know at least how they achieved the sub 3 seconds 0 to 60 times . Almost everyone I talked to about the C8 believes it’s a sub 3 second car for under $60k . That whole show they put on was just a bunch of crap really, I all got from it was it can hold two sets of golf clubs and everything else is unknown. Kinda shady if you ask me .
I doubt seriously that it has anything to do with being shady, more likely it's because the numbers are still in flux; they're still working on fine-tuning them. You can be sure as soon as they have hard, fixed numbers they can brag about, they will.

I think the misunderstanding about sub 3 seconds was the way it was worded, it was something like "...with models below 3 seconds..." or something to that effect. It didn't say the base model would, just "models" which means more powerful ones that haven't been announced yet, and aren't going to be below $60k.

The only way the base model could get below 3 seconds 0-60 is through gearing in the transaxle. It's the same trick guys use with front engine drive, where they change the gear ratio in the differential. The C8 transaxle is both the trans and the diff, so it's possible they could do some tricks with gearing. They may even be still testing and playing around with gear ratios, trying to find the ideal combo which would explain why they haven't given final numbers yet.

The vast majority of people who are going to buy these, could probably care less about these details. Only enthusiasts do, and I predict it won't have any effect on sales. Unless manufacturing screws it up, it appears the Corvette team has hit a grand slam home run.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote