View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #154
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr View Post
Yeah unless you have a neighborhood around you...
I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to have a NPP option, Borla did it without any issue.
I guarantee you this...AWE or Corsa (Both very similar) at partial throttle/<2500 RPM coming into your neighborhood WOULD NOT BE ANY QUIETER with valves and if it was it would NOT be the difference between complaining wives/neighbors/kids etc. Cold start is going to be loud either way so you can forget about taming that. The Corsa setups with no valves cruise quiet as stock, idle hardly louder than stock. The time that they really start to open up is >50% throttle. The AWE is very similar. Why? They're both no drone setups with well engineered mufflers/sound tuning. If the car was loud at cruise/<2500 RPM cruising, the thing would drone, hum, rattle, and make all kinds of noises you wouldn't want in most situations besides the race track. No resonance noises with AWE touring, especially with the resonators. Same for Corsa.

With a quality muffler like AWE, valves are seriously overrated. About useless. I have had valved exhausts and stock NPP with cats, without cats, with headers etc. I bet you'll never be able to guess the difference it made on cold start...A tinker's damn is the correct answer. You aren't going to tame the beast once you make it louder. Hard to have your cake and eat it too with exhaust.

So the answer is, it wouldn't hurt and it's not "hard"...It's just useless. Why make the exhaust more expensive for the engineering and manufacturing cost when the benefit is near zip?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote