View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #12
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG183 View Post
Just picked up the car today. Initial impressions on the relatively short drive home are that (unsurprisingly) a huge gain in performance (as with any supercharger system). I have no comparison to other systems. But I can say that the powerband is super sweet. Easy to drive normal (i.e. slow), but once you get past 3k there's a rush that was simply not present before. After 4k it knocks you in your seat. And the sound is amazing.

As for power, it feels like 500 crank is pretty close. I've seen the dyno sheets and it is in fact a gain of 150 hp from stock. The stock dyno pull was 290 at the wheels. Final was 440 with just their kit. Also, I have the six speed tremec, so the calculation for drive train loss might be a bit generous compared to the automatic. And that probably also explains why my initial dyno numbers were higher than average.

At the end of the day, it's another option from a very solid and reputable company (which is only a good thing). I will also mention that I contacted Overkill expressing interest in purchasing his tune as well as his kit...several times. I have yet to ever hear back from him. Customer service is important to me, and from my experience, it was lacking with Overkill. Although Procharger has a home field advantage since I'm local, so that certainly makes customer service easier. But during my visits there, I always saw at least three people on the phones ready to help with questions (both install and product related). I understand that's a luxury that a larger company has. But even though he's a small shop, Overkill should at least return emails (again, I can only attest to my experience...sounds like others may have had good support from him).
Fantastic numbers!! That’s awesome! Do you have the dyno sheets? As far as Will goes, he seems to be pleasant to work with but the lack of communication by him has been an issue since I joined this forum 5+ years ago or at least as long as i can remember. It’s a common theme and complaint by many that he takes a very long time to respond and I too have emailed him to never see a response. But, he does good work, provides a good service and the few times I’ve interacted with him it’s been good.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote