View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #42
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I agree, but without understanding exactly what's happening you don't have a direction to go and can obviously run into major issues.

As a Magnuson employee I'm not sure it's in your best interest to share exactly what you know, but it would be a lot more helpful than telling people to "Just do it right!"

IMO... unless you love working on cars just buy a ZL1. There are many advantages besides a warranty, the car's traction and stability control systems are actually tuned for the amount of power it makes, something you'll never get modifying a SS. And resale value...
There is no doubt that when done right you can take the stock internals up to 700whp safely by getting everything in the JRE Super Street Brawler package. Personally, I added drop in pistons at the same time and am about to make the same decision again on my LT1 Vette. For me, it's just peace of mind. . .plus the flexibility to run into the 700's if you feel like it.

In fairness, I have decided to dial my Camaro back down to the original Super Street Brawler Package - 8psi @ 715whp until I get different tires. Then I will re-evaluate my setup and consider adding more boost. As I see it, a street car with 800bhp is pretty sick.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote