View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #190
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
To me, that's a modern-day re-interpretation of the "surface excitement" design style that a generation or so ago also tended to be "overdone". Mainly on cars of Japanese origin, so it's looking like a case of "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

The feeling that ↑↑↑ gives me is that the designer ran out of fresh ideas and went to the "outrageous for the sake of outrageousness" well.

I don't think even Chris Bangle with his flame-surfacing would have come up with that, and even that's gone past its "sell-by" date.

Norm
Front of this car looks like the "Predator" from the movie. Chevy was late to this party for the front of the '19 SS. One of the problems is that GM and Ford are giving up most of the car market to the Japanese and South Korean manufacturers without a fight. Sure SUV's and pickups have taken a larger % of the mrkt, but there are plenty of sedans around here and very few are Fords or GM products. Electric has its own issues (battery disposal as more sell, are wrecked, etc), but if gas goes up again Ford and GM will be left with too many big vehicles, as happened before. JMO.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote