View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #93
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Well, has anyone measured the FE2 bars? They're likely hollow just like the FE3, FE4, and FEA bars. You can tell as the end forgings are the two wall thicknesses smashed together. From there you can calculate the ID.

As it stands, the FE4 bars are the stiffest OEM. I haven't seen caliper measurements for the FE3 bars, just the rates that aftermarket companies have advertised to compare to their offerings. That said, FE3 and FEA bars may be fairly similar; for sure both are softer than FE4 bars. I *think* the FEA bars are slightly softer than the FE3, but I can't be positive yet.

I think looking at the Camaro suspension hierarchy it's safe to say the FE3 bars are where you want to head. That'll give you roughly an LT 1LE setup. My recommendation is to do both front and rear. The bars are cheap and they're a known balance.
Appreciate the response. I'm going to get under my car this weekend and get some measurements. I'm currently deciding between the FE3 and the FE4 bars, but I'd like to find the OD/ID info of those bars as well, first. I am also tempted to buy from a supplier like BMR, who has their 1.25" diameter bar coming with some polyurethane bushings, which I'm interested in as well.

I've been undecided on doing just the rear or both the front and rear together. I have to do some more research on this. What drives you to your recommendation?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote