View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 06:35 AM   #19
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Exactly...i dont think the OP is understanding just how simple this is...i literally do it several times a drive....imagine that instead of pressing the clutch, shifting in to gear...feathering gas and releasing clutch...ALL you have to do is stab the throttle real quick. It is imperceptible to the engine...you can engine break with one hand on the wheel and one foot on throttle...IT IS AWESOME...once you get used to it it becomes second nature...want to roll race? Just stab seconds before take off...it is ridiculous! Best part about the car IMO
I was just going to post the same response. I can get my car to go into performance shift mode and back to "normal" mode in about 5-6 seconds.

With the car in auto I stab the throttle very quick and to the floor, just like a clutch action in a manual car. The stab is so quick that the engine doesn't rev much at all and doesn't cause any acceleration. At that point the car goes into performance shift mode for whatever shenanigans you have in m ind. When you done flip the center console shifter to manual and then back to auto and the car goes returns to "normal" mode. This all can be done in about 5-6 seconds.

Maybe I'm missing what the OP is trying to achieve, but I do this all the time.