View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #50
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Apex_Missing_Ape: Will do. Quick search on local track days and the price is significant! On the order of 500+ Euro. Makes the Ring much more attractive at $35 a lap...

arpad_m: Your question made me think a bit...unlikely. The inspection focuses on safety items only. I have thought the badge was a bit out of place - would prefer it to be similar to the 60's models (replace the bowties).

Dave: Not bad rides! Drop me a line when the date nears...I should have found a place to live by then...still in a hotel.

Did get a chance to give the car a bath for further inspection. No defects found! This auto sure beats the 129 HP BMW wagon...although I don't think I'm getting the 40 mpg it pulls down.

Note: car washing is not allowed except at specific facilities and not on Sunday! No more early clean ups in the driveway - that will take some getting used to. Hand washing is a weakness of mine...

Interestingly - family member claimed he saw another newer red Camaro with a black hood (with vents) locally. Hmm - that makes 4 in the country...becoming common almost! The weather is turning south so may park it until I can get it inspected with permanent plates.

I was corrected on the process - I have temp plates that are good for up to 60 days. In that time, must have it inspected to receive the permanent plates. They also claim they will not fail the car with summer tires. Although, ideally I don't drive it to the inspection station in the snow...

Last edited by Tim M; 02-28-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote