View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I would argue that the LL is much more representative of the performance of the vehicle, as multiple drivers get the opportunity to try the vehicle over multiple days and conditions, the best time stands.

But hey we will rule out any LL results from the past and future unless the Camaro comes out on top
That wasn't what he was saying. LL results are all over the place because there are different drivers of different skills. Heck I could be one of those drivers. The other track results are the best that a particular driver could get out of the car. So if you want to know the best potential of each car, then LL results would not matter and would not be the go to. We're talking about the best potential of the GT350 (R and non-R) and the SLE. In which case I do think that on some tracks that favor the power band of the pushrod LT1 over the Voodoo engine, the SLE would be able to match the GT350R. Not every track. But certainly some tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
How do you arrive at this theory. The GTPP2 was faster than the 1LE in the LL, and I would guess a 16 GT350 with TP, or a 17 and up GT350 would be faster than a PP2, maybe I am wrong.
It is plain obvious that Ford handicapped the GTPP2 so that it wouldn't beat the GT350. The sad thing is that everyone kept saying that Shelby owners don't care about performance and that to them they don't mind if the GT is faster. Yet the PP2 got handicapped so that it would not be able to beat the GT350 at anything and the standard GT and GTPP don't have a suspension good enough to beat the GT350 around a track. So the opposite is true. Shelby owners would have been in an uproar if the car they spent all that money on lost to a GT not only in the quarter mile but also around a track. The S550 GT in any fashion will never eclipse the levels set by the 15 GT350 except for the A10 versions in the quarter mile.

But to go back to your statement, the GTPP2 won't beat a GT350 on any track because it also has a DOHC engine with less output than the GT350. However the SLE has a much different powerplant and on tracks that favor it, it will beat a PP2, a standard GT350, and it'll keep up with or match the GT350R.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote