View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #179
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
When Chevy made the stripped down Z28 a 75K Camaro they set the bar. Even though 95% of the people would have been very happy with 1Le dressed in Z28 stickers and 20HP bump ,especially if it came with an automatic. Now lets push ahead to 2024 or sooner , what i would like to see is a 775HP or more maybe even much more motor . On the lines of the new Cadillac Blackwing along with some electric motors to equal that HP and 850+ in torq. There won't be enough aerodynamics available to keep grip for that car , that's where AWD comes in . I think that would be the perfect Z28 , Al O talked about wanting a sub 7 minute Camaro at Nurburgring , a Z28 AWD hybrid will do it . It may not come cheap but neither did the last one. Don't let what the Camaro never had fog your mind , open it up to the tech that's out there NOW and use it .
Al can say that kind of stuff all day. Until we see a ring time from the ZR1 I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Camaro being king of the ring at GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I’m not missing anything, it’s just what you are saying is silly. I think you have been missing what has been said about Camaro , it’s in a process of evolution.Sadly people are thinking the next gen Camaro needs to look like a 3rd gen Camaro with split bumpers powered by a big block , that’s not going to happen. The 7th gen can’t look like any Camaro we have seen before,and will be powered differently then we have seen before,like it or not . GM won’t be adding another performance line when they are having trouble now selling. I want to see the Camaro move forward .
I get you want to see Camaro move forward, but I don't think the Camaro is the right test bed for that kind of tech you want to see.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote