View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #97
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Looking at the 1/4 fast list in this forum I see (2) stated stock A10s running under 11-seconds, I see (10) stock with DRs running high 10s - 11:30s. Funny how the DR cars are no faster. This tells me there is a bog issue preventing the car from 60' ing any harder than 1.70s even with DRs. To go faster you are going to have to tune the car.

To argue the ZL1 problem is similar to the HCs tire issue is ridiculous, with the HC warranty stays in place as a set of DRs will put you solidly into the 10s, the ZL1 you will have to tune and void the warranty even with DRs. Redeye I don't know how they run yet as I haven't read any owner reviews or seen any passes with DRs in place.
That is not indicative of a bog issue at all. It could be that the stock tires are that good that they are as close to DRs as it gets. If you've driven one then you could tell that these tires that come on the ZL1 are phenomenal. They're soo good that lots of people have bought a second set as opposed to upgrading to Michelins or other tires. There has not been any reports that I have seen of any bogging issue with the A10 ZL1. It sounds to me like one person here mentioned it as a possibility and you're running with it like it's a dead set fact. But don't take my word. I'm sure you won't anyway. Go and ask others if they've noticed any bogging in the A10 at all whether under hard launches, with DRs, DDing, light throttle, anything. I've done a lot of racing on closed race courses and there is no bog in mine at least.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote