View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #96
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't have a link. That is why I said "from what I understand". I've seen it mentioned in talks on other threads in this forum, other forums, and on FB groups/pages that the bog issue was dealt with on the 19s and up. I never commented or offered any opinions in those threads because it doesn't matter to me.

I think you and others on here discredit the ZL1 a bit too much. There are ZL1 owners who have managed to pull low 11s and even high 10s bone stock. Just like there are HC owners who have managed to do the same on those stock P-Zeros like you and others like to mention. The difference is that the HC was built to do that and nothing else. The ZL1 was not built specifically to do it. So what is more impressive between a powerlifter who benches 800 pounds vs someone else who can bench the same amount of weight and run a marathon in under 3 hours? Plus any imagined bog issue with the A10 ZL1 is certainly no more of a hurdle than those tires on the Hellcat. So why is it that you guys think 11.1 is such a standard on the HC when it is clear that it isn't, when pro drivers have struggled to break 11.8, when 98% of owners are on DRs because they all say they can't launch on those tires but it is nigh impossible for A10 ZL1 owners when every test has them at 11.4 and when we have already seen them doing low 11s and high 10s? Just curious because you guys seem to be a bit biased against the ZL1 when it is just as capable...sorry, MORE capable than the Hellcat. Stock to stock, I'd put my money on the ZL1 beating a standard Hellcat any day. And I'd say it'll hold it's own against the much more powerful Redeye any day also.
Looking at the 1/4 fast list in this forum I see (2) stated stock A10s running under 11-seconds, I see (10) stock with DRs running high 10s - 11:30s. Funny how the DR cars are no faster. This tells me there is a bog issue preventing the car from 60' ing any harder than 1.70s even with DRs. To go faster you are going to have to tune the car.

To argue the ZL1 problem is similar to the HCs tire issue is ridiculous, with the HC warranty stays in place as a set of DRs will put you solidly into the 10s, the ZL1 you will have to tune and void the warranty even with DRs. Redeye I don't know how they run yet as I haven't read any owner reviews or seen any passes with DRs in place.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 01-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote