View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #56
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Your comments prove how out of touch you are.

The Camaro has zero advertising and are starting to collect dust on lots. But you’re ok with GM’s ignorance in their lack of marketing for the car.

Yet you’re all offended by Dodge’s full embracement of that purely American love of freedom and rebellion that makes rock n roll and makes these kick ass cars..... while the Challenger and it’s 10 year old chassis outsells a much better Camaro.

But please tell us how much more you know about advertising than we do. Because I know none of us know anything.

If I didn’t know how much better the Camaro is than a Challenger because I’m first a car guy, I’d have a 392 Scat Pack 6 speed in my garage. Partly due to the killer advertisements.

Your assessment of this is, well, bovine excrement.
You don't know who Number 3 is, do you... he knows more about GM and the auto industry than you will ever know. Don't be so rude. He actually DOES know more about advertising inside GM than probably any of us do.

Advertising costs money, and you have to sell vehicles to pay for that. If the vehicles aren't selling, the money for advertising isn't there, and without advertising the sales suffer...it's one of those vicious cycles. GM hasn't done well with advertising for a LONG time. The advertising for the 5th gen was the Transformer movie and Bumblebee, which was really successful but it had nothing to do with GM's advertising. Has GM even run an ad for the 6th gen? I can't remember ever even seeing one. If I did, it obviously didn't make a big impression.

Last year I bought an AWD Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Lusso, not because I was an Alfa fan (I've never been or owned one) but because I saw a great ad on TV. I was watching and listening to the new Giulia in the ad and I thought: "Ooh! I have to go look at those!" I did, did a test drive, and now I own one.

GM needs to hire a top notch advertising agency. The "real people" ads are so lame, they should be used as an example of how NOT to advertise something.

Rudeness aside, you're right about the Dodge ads. They make you want to go check one out. GM needs to do something like that. Grab the ad guys and take them around for a few laps in a 650 hp Camaro, then say "Ok, now take what you just felt, and make it into an ad". They have to do something; the bar has been set so low with the "real people" ads, that ANYthing would be an improvement.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote