View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 10:14 AM   #9
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Curious...have you ever put your name on something besides a piece of paper.
Regardless whether you like this or not, this company is in the business of making products to help out fellow Camaro owners. However, the bigger picture here is the cost of manufacturing, not too mention the time, cost and energy of creating the idea and coming up with the mold. Plus the cost and time filing for a patent. Even if the material cost 50 cents, the cost of manufacturing and bringing it to market was a whole lot more! Yes...I'm speaking from experience!
This exactly - when you buy a product, you aren't just paying for material costs, but also the costs of research, development and much more. This is true across nearly all products you purchase, and not just the automotive industry. I'm sure roto-fab still makes a decent profit on these, but I would hardly call it price gouging.

This is a nice alternative to some of the pricier metal coolant tanks, and this one still has a window on the side to allow visual inspection of coolant level. The material used for this also looks really nice, and not just some cheap thin plastic.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote