View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:40 PM   #93
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
vtirocz,

I only use this on the track (road course) and I have not used no lift upshifts except for 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th. I have made a mistake and lifted slightly every once in a while, over 45 years of shifting w/o electronics to blame, and I understand why it would not work under those circumstances.

I have been on the track and purposely made sure that I had the throttle floored all the way; 4th to 5th, no problem, 3rd to 4th, nope. I just went to the old-fashioned way of shifting, a slight lift to prevent climbing revs, when going 3rd to 4th.

I was wondering if there is some sort of mechanical sensor that could be out of adjustment or if this is all electronic in determining where the shifter is going. I am going to put the car in the dealer for another reason and ask them to look at it in a few weeks but I wondered if they could just plug into the ECU and see if there was a problem. Is this data recorded and available? I would assume it is in there but accessing it might not be as easy as asking for a certain coded check.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote