View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #89
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Here is a question for this thread:

Is it possible for the no-lift shift to be out of adjustment? I have noticed that my 4th to 5th shift works properly, no over rev, but my 3rd to 4th, does not, the revs climb like a non-no-shift car would and I have to lift to keep from hitting the rev limiter. Could one upshift be out of adjustment? Is this a computer problem or is there a mechanical sensor that could be out of adjustment?

This is not something I do on the street as the 3rd to 4th shift is above 90 MPH. Is this something that could be found in the computer memory of the ECU if I take it in for warranty? I don't think my dealer is going to test this on the street.

And to answer the question "Am I sure I have the gas pedal floored?" the answer is yes. I have deliberately made sure it wasn't just me lifting slightly. I have done that out of habit but when I tested to make sure it wasn't me, I am sure that the pedal was flat when I went 3rd to 4th. I have the PDR read out to prove no lift. Yes, I was over 5,000 RPM also, around 6,000 were the shift points.

Thank you for any replies.

Oops! Forgot the model designation: 2017 SS 1LE

Last edited by Uncle Sam; 10-20-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Forgot model info
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote