View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
I couldn’t disagree more about limiting the site to owners only. I do have a brain and I’m not afraid to use it to distinguish between a true “bash” and valid point of view (opposing or otherwise) that is open for friendly debate.

In my opinion, the Mods do an excellent job of keeping this unruly bunch in line and on topic. A sizeable task considering the written word can be a difficult form of communication, rife with land mines from individual interpretation. Yeah, I see comments about other cars not being as good as our beloved Camaro, or other cars being better. Usually I just assume the comment is said in jest at another member who has the car being picked on. Seems more logical (to me) that if a person is a true auto enthusiast as I believe most here are, an appreciation of the engineering put into a machine isn’t limited by who made it.

And… the tremendous amount of information I’ve found here will make the process much easier for me (and the salesman) when it’s time to order. I’ll know what the car is and isn’t, when the price is good or not, what the available options are for the model, and which of those options I do and don’t want. I wouldn’t have that much information weeding out results from Google. IMO, an educated buyer is more likely to be a satisfied owner. Plus, there’s the support from a great group of Camaro5 folks while I try to be patient waiting for arrival.

Nope… don’t agree with owners only idea. <stepping off soapbox >