View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #57
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018_ZL1_1LE View Post
I have a 2018 ZL1 1LE, which to my understanding comes with a GM Short throw shifter. I'm not a fan of it, still feels sloppy compared to my MGW in my vette. Would the Hurst improve upon the "GM Short Throw" in terms of throw distance and crispness? Also, is it compatible ?
This shifter will have a drastic reduction in throw when compared to your factory shifter, approximately 40% less. You will also notice a positive increase in the "crispness" or lack of "slop" compared to the OEM shifter. This shifter is absolutely designed to fit on any manual 2016-2018 Camaro SS and ZL1 model and feel will be "night & day" when compared to its OEM equivalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
I got almost 32k on mine and it's breaking in nice. GM factory shifter is loose like oar in a row boat. Hurst is tight, crisp & short, love it.
Thanks for the love! We're happy to hear that you love your Hurst Shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhawk View Post
So I am working on a project that will allow me to attach the Hard drive shift handle to this shifter. Is the upper portion that the shift knob attaches to steel by chance so that it can be welded ? Really sad that you went away from this interface for the shift handles and discontinued the Hard drive handle
The HardDrive was discontinued due to slow sales, but when I receive inquiries I file them and send the info to my supervisors for review. If there's enough interest in reintroducing a previously discontinued product we are all ears!

As for the upper stick, it is black anodized aluminum. This sounds like an interesting marriage between the two Hurst products, we're interested to hear/see what you have going, we may have a recommendation to help accomplish the task. If you like to PM me with additional details of what you have and what you're trying to accomplish and I will try my best to help you out with your project.

- Jason @ Hurst
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote