View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
The front end on the 16-18 looks like it belongs on the car. With the '19 refresh, the front end looks like whoever designed it tried too hard and ended up with something that doesn't flow with the rest of the car. Looking back on the 5th gen refresh, yes there were some changes but the front end basically looked the same, a little different sure, but nothing extreme. The '19 refresh front end is completely different looking, almost like it was designed for another car altogether and then just slapped onto the Camaro.

I wouldn't mind the front end so much if it were on a new car, say the GM answer to the Dodge Charger, then I wouldn't dislike it as bad, but as it sits on the Camaro, it just looks out of place. The rear end on the refresh doesn't match either, those big bubbly tail lights don't match anything else on the car, again it looks like it was designed for something other than a Camaro.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on it. The new front end just doesn't seem to flow with the car. To me it almost looks like they decided it must have part of the Chevy corporate face on it and this was the result. Also I still can't stand the location of the "Flow Tie". IF it is truly needed for additional cooling then the design was flawed from the start.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote