View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #45
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
Not to split hairs but GKK and G7S are RPO codes not paint codes. I do think you are correct about these two flavors of blue being different. Thank for posting this

I think the GM paint code for Riverside is WA627D
I can not find the paint code for Elkhart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
GM doesn't use different RPO codes for the same color, regardless of name. So, they are different paint codes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
Correct. I acknowleged this in post 44.

I think the paint code for Riverside is WA627D. I have been unable to find the paint code for Elkhart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Not the same color. They have different paint codes.

GKK - Riverside Blue
G7S - Elkhart Lake Blue
Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic - RPO GS7, paint code WA-625D

Riverside Blue Metallic - RPO GKK, paint code WA-627D

Codes are right in the color charts in their respective order guides.

Camaro:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=9&butID=3

Corvette:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=9&butID=3

Typically, if a paint shares RPO code, but each brand uses a different name, they share paint codes. Only the marketing name changes.

A great example of this is Shadow Gray Metallic. RPO code is GJI, paint code is WA-626D. Its called Shadow Gray Metallic at camp Chevrolet. However, camp GMC calls it Dark Sky Metallic, camp Cadillac calls it Shadow Metallic, and camp Buick calls it Pewter Metallic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote